State: Texas Product: Bank Of America Loan Modification Clear all filters (4 of 86 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Bank Of America in Grapevine, Texas - Most incompetent or willful sabotagers in the business

We have tried to work with BOA for a year and a half. We weren't eligible for loan modification, because we had to move out of state for my husband to find a job, after he lost his. Countless times BOA has put me in the system wrong, said they didn't get different sets of docs I or my agent sent them, said something had expired. They will never return emails or phone calls, but yet will decline a short sale, and make us start over, because they say we didn't send them something. We've had a buyer for over 2 months, but BOA keeps stalling us. Now they say that our appraisal has expired, after their negotiator (our 4th one) didn't do his work on time as promised. We may lose our buyer that has taken us a year to get. It's as if they want to foreclose. Something is very wrong with this company's practices. Unfortunately, I didn't pick them as my mortgagor. They bought my loan from the original lender.
Bank Of America Loan Modification

Bank Of America in Fort Worth, Texas - BOA abused the HAMP loan modification process to foreclose on my house

BOA signed me up for the home loan modification HAMP program- they strung it out for 16 months, dropping calls, losing paperwork, not returning calls, giving me conflicting advice...their intention was for me to not make my payments as they actually instructed me to do ( I did not trust them so kept making payments), and then if you raise enough ***, they give you a modification but they make thousands in fees and raise your payment....or if you follow their instructions to not make your payments they wait until you are in so deep arrears and then call in your note and foreclose....a SCAM!!!

As an update, I finally gave up on the whole process and send them a RESPA letter which they did not answer within the time the law allows. This gave me an "actionable" offense to file a lawsuit so the other issues could be brought in. Spend your money on a lawyer instead of a house payment until they are held accountable , yes I know the lawyer profit (do NOT join a class action) but at least you can make BOA accountable in court, meanwhile I applied for the EHLP program and was accepted, now they are accountable to the court AND HUD, do not give up or back down and if you decide to give up , do a "strategic default"

Email the CEO of BoA our account was fixed in 3 days and we had not missed any payments since they had taken over our loan 2 years ago.

They tried to do this to us too several times and sent us through the modification process 3, count them 3 times. This is the process that we took and within 3 days we received a call from the CEO's office and our account was completely fixed! 2 years worth of nightmares!!!!

brian.t.moynihan@bankofamerica.com

Make a complaint with the OCC on the same day with the same information and follow this political group; they are interested in this issue heartlandrevolution.com

brian.t.moynihan@bankofamerica.com

I'm going through the same *** with Bank of America. I started the process in October 2010.

I call daily to every other day and get different answers every time. I haven't even made it to the trial payments yet. I have had so much anxiety and stress over this. Just as my co-workers.

I called today and they told me it would be another 120 days. I finally got some advice from someone to call HOPE the number is on your application for MHAP. They are there to help you and make sure the lender is following the rules. I called HOPE today and they did a 3 way call with Bank of America.

WOW what do you know we were told it should not take more than 60 days once the underwriter releases. I was told so many times that its 120 days and that there is no time limit. So I have a date that I should receive the written trial or denial by. If they don't have it to me by then then HOPE Counselor will call them back and file a process to get it expediated and find out what is going on.

HOPE for the consumer and there to make sure they follow the rules of the MHAP. I really wished I would have called HOPE sooner.

This has been such a nightmare with Bank of America. Good Luck and call HOPE and tell everyone to...

same thing happening to me right now what can we do

I read this story over and over, lets fight back! Gather all your evidence, get affidavits from anyone that witness this abuse and join a class action lawsuit in your state (they are ALL out there) Start recording every conversation ( you can do this on your computer and email to yourself, to save evidence) if you tell them they will hang up, so don't tell them, after all they record you! so fair is fair in my book, send them a RESPA letter you can find form online, more importantly join our national political action and file against them in your local small claims court on the same day ( we will post the date) they will have to supply an attorney for every single suit or lose by default!

Verna

I was denied with the making homes affordable program as well. It all started last year (FEB 2010), BOfA mailed the application forms and requested for me to submit all the required financial information. I waited and waited to hear back from them. I called them countless times to find out if I was approved or not. Though I was still making my regular monthly payments on time, I finally got an answer on(April 2010), when I called and spoke with a representative from the Home retention dept., who informed me that my trail payments went down $600.00 a month. When I found out, I was so excited and thought that "Wow, BOfA is really here to help"! So I did the trial payments for 8 months, until I received a FEDEX letter from BOfA stating that I was denied of the program. When I finally got a hold of a rep by phone, the first thing this representative asked me (after verifying my account) was that I owed BOfA $6000.00 and how would I like to pay that? I was shocked and asked how I owed them that money as I informed the rep that I was paying them monthly with my trial payments on-time! The representative said that because I was denied, that the $600.00 deducted during my trial period was due back to them, which also including the late fees! I informed him that I was never late with my trial payments and he said that all modification trial payments must be received the 1st of each month and that late fees will be included even if payments were received the 2nd of each month (meaning no grace period what so ever)! I informed him that 1) no one ever informed me that if I was denied that I still would owe them the $600.00 that was reduced during my monthly trial period and 2)No one in BOfA ever informed me that there was no grace period! Then the rep. mentioned that I should have received a letter confirming about my new monthly payment. I corrected him and said that I NEVER received a letter from BOfA about my trial payment plan. Instead of him assisting me, he was drilling me and questioned by saying "Well, how did you know about your trial payment amount?" I told him that because I was so dedicated to getting some financial relief, that I called every week asking about my modification approval, and that one of BOfa rep informed me BY PHONE about my trial payment. He didn't believe me, but I said to him, "You guys seem to know when you mailed things to me. Why don't you check your system and see whether you sent me a letter about my trial payment?" He checked his system and he said that even though we did not mail you that letter, you should have received that information during the first initial package back in Feb. 2010.

Even though my family were struggling to make ends meet, I always made sure that I paid my bills on time and I actually had excellent credit until BOfA screwed up my credit due to this program; and here I thought that this program was supposed to help home owners with their financial situation, ensuring to find alternative financial solutions in order for us to keep our homes. Instead, this bank found hidden ways to alter their words, even their system by putting my hard-earned money into a "trial payment escrow account" and not my principal! BOfa found a way to rob innocent people for more money leaving us in more debt. They basically ruined so many peoples' credit scores and finances. Leaving more people in debt and homeless. They have ruined my credit and ruined my life! No one is helping! They have done nothing but put stress and anxiety to so many home owners who have done nothing but asked for their help! If I only knew that this Bank's plan was to ruin my perfect credit score, made me more in debt, now giving me the option to foreclose or deed in lieu, then I would have NEVER EVER have done this modification.

Sincerely,

qv4321@gmail.com

View more comments (6)
Loss
I have been accellerated for FORECLOSURE from BOA Servicing my refinance home loan. I had Wilshire as Servicer who approved loan mod in 12/09. BOA specifically told my national hope now advocate that they would finish the mod paperwork - picking it up where Wilshire...
#194575

SIMILAR EXPERIENCE mc

View more comments
Review
#197161 Review #197161 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss
About 6-7 months ago I've heard about home modification loans, contacted my bank, "ank of America" I was never being late or past due,I just had a hard times, they got some documents and said that I'm "ELIGIBLE"!!!! I was on trial payment and I have asked them...

same thing happened to me. Bank of America even put our house on foreclosure and kept telling us wrong payment amounts!

I found out nearly a year later that they have reported that I was over 180 days past due.

All this b/c I bought into the lie of Bank of America's home modification program. Has anyone succeeded in getting the negative credit removed by BOA?

View more comments
Review
#192632 Review #192632 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Bank Of America Customer Service