Additional Fees

June 20, 2019 at the BOA in Hixson, TN paid off my auto loan with cash. Was told by the employee that I would receive the title in 7 days and confirmed my address.

A few days later I called customer service to verify they had the correct address and make sure my old address was not on my account. They assured me it was being sent to my current residence. July 1, 2019 I called customer service to check the status. They told me it had been mailed and should be receiving it, once again confirming my address.

(I have now sold my car and new owner is waiting on the title.)

July 3, 2019 I go to county clerk to just ask for a duplicate title. They inform me that the lien is still on my title. I immediately go to my local BOA. I ask for the lien cancellation document.

The man helping me has to call customer service to ask what to do. They inform him that lien cancellation papers cannot be sent out until 10 business days after the title was mailed. But, I should be receiving my title any day. That is when the employee on the phone tells me that the title was sent to MY OLD ADDRESS.

The man says to call customer service when the 10 days has passed and they will mail me the information I need for the lien cancellation.

I call the morning of the 10th day (July 5, 2019). I’m told I cannot get a copy of my title, but they will submit a request for the lien cancellation document to be mailed and that it will take 7-10 business days to be completed and then another 5-7 days for mailing! BOA will also not electronically cancel my lien through the state system and are making we wait. No one was apologetic or offered to do whatever it took to help me even though this was their mistake.

Even talking with a supervisor was a waste of time.

This is unacceptable. I will never recommend them and certainly will never do business with them again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Loan.

Comments