3.0
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I worked for Bank of America from June 2014 to June 2015. I specifically applied for a part-time position to take advantage of their tuition reimbursement program. First I want to start by saying, I started working at a great branch with great training. I felt like I was apart of a team. Around 3 months into working for Bank of America, I was approached and told that I would be covering for a different branch because this branch needed assistance with their bilingual customers. While I was there, the atmosphere was completely different then what I was used to. This branch had no team work. The assistant manager was very pushy on tellers pushing customers to open credit card accounts. I hated being there but I complied because it was my job. After a few weeks I called my old branch only to find out they hired a new teller because they were told I wasn't coming back. I was never asked if it was ok for me to stay working at this new branch. I started to adjust to the changes only because my new branch manager was probably one of the best managers I've ever had. She was always very understanding and a good listener, but this still did not resolve the fact that her branch had no team work.

After my fall semester, I submitted my first reimbursement. I did exactly what I was told and gave my documents to my branch manager. She assured me that she faxed my docs and that everything went through to the company in charge of reimbursement. I waited the 3 month period, but I never received anything from Acclaris. By the time I complained about what happened to my documents, my branch didn't have a branch manager anymore. Mary (Manager) had resigned to work for another bank. I had reached out to our acting manager (John), even submitted my docs to him twice. I also spoke to our new regional manager (Michelle) about the issue. I waited as I was told to and nothing was resolved. The company acclairis told me that this was the banks negligence and they could not help me with reimbursement.

In spring of 2015 my branch went through a transitional period where they had no manager and no assistant manager, just two part time tellers and 1 customer service representative. I ended up getting fired in June for failure to comply with the opening and closing procedures of the company. I personally believe they had something against me because I kept pressing the issue concerning my reimbursement.

I submitted new reimbursement for Spring of 2015 and again, and the company acclairis indeed told me this reimbursement was not received. So I did contact the regional manager, had the docs signed all over again, and submitted everything again. This time I was able to get my reimbursement, but they still screwed me on $1544 in tuition.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: No resolution available.

Comments