Additional Fees

Went in today to cash a $50.00 check from my mother's account (Bank of America) for which I am listed on as "payable on death". First they wanted my social security number to pull up her account.

I refused to give it since the account was in her name and my social security number was not associated with her account. (I do not like to give out my social number unless I have to, too much identity fraud). They had her account number on the check so why was it so hard to access her account through her own account number? Then the teller wanted to charge me a $8.00 check cashing fee on the $50.00 dollar check.

I said I would just take it to my bank to deposit. She finally did cash the check without the fee. I have been cashing these checks from my mother's account for years at this bank with no issue. I was even told several times I didn't have to use my thumb print because my name was on the account.

Thank god I bank at a local bank who believes in customer service. In the future I will just deposit my check through my own bank. I have asked my mother who has been a Bank of America customer for over40 years to switch banks.

Maybe if more pissed off Bank of America customers would leave they may get a clue.. The bank in question is located on Apalachee Parkway, Tallahassee FL

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Check Cashing.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments