I have been attempting to cash in a small Certificate of Deposit since the last week in March 2018. I had cashed in a previous identical CD and we were told at that time that I would have to cash it in since I was named the custodian on the CD.

It went much smoother than what I am experience now. This CD was dated 6/30/1990. I do not live close to a Bank of America, so it has to be done through the mail. The first phone call in March, I was told the check was in the mail and that I would also be receiving paperwork to complete, however, it would take 6-8 weeks.

After not receiving either, I contacted your customer service department in Dallas and was told, the CD had been put on hold and I would have to complete the paperwork first. Also, that the CD now was considered co-owners with my son and that we would have to have the Notarized Indemnification Agreement notarized. Also, during that conversation, the customer service rep mentioned, if I could find the original CD, it would be much easier. After such a long time, several moves in between I actually found the Original CD.

Once again I contacted TX to see if I should send it Certified mail or how I should handle it. I was told then, they could not accept the Original CD in the mail. Once again, they said I needed to complete the paperwork, however, it would take 6-8 weeks for them to send it out to me. I received the paperwork, completed it, had it notarized, and sent to TX on 6/5/18 along with a letter stating to close the CD and forward a check to my address.

I called again yesterday to ask when I would be received the check, it had been 6 weeks since I sent them the original paperwork. I have an issue with my phone here at work, so a verification number could not be sent. The representative asked for my on-line log-in, which I did not have or my credit card information I have also with Bank of America. I explained on a previous call the representative asked me some security questions and that worked.

This time, however, I was to would have to call back. Each time I contacted TX by phone it was a 15-30 wait.

Please contact me, I am not comfortable with attaching copies of my documentation. Any assistance in closing this account and receiving the funds would be greatly appreciated.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments