Buffalo, New York

Bank of America has been nothing but a head ache since I started with the paper side of my mortgage. I've gotten nothing but the runaround from the representatives and several managers.

I would never recommended any one too bank of america. I have even reciced e-mails from managers passing me on to another manager so that they dont have to deal with me.The only reason I'm still with them for now is because if i change banks i have to sign a new real estate contract and signing a new contract now i would lose the government tax credit.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bank Of America Mortgage.

Comments

Ive closed my checking account. Ive close my savings account.

I currenty have a BoFA Credit card and considering closing that to an going to a Credit Union. All because BoFa can get it right or has mess up BIG time in one way or the other and their people are incompetent.

#200021

:? *** just wrote a duzzzy on why not to

be a Bank of AM-erica hit send and 'then' got the wrong code advice meanwhile who knows wher my info went.waisted time but good to get it off the chest.>>SHORT STORY IS DON'T DO THE B-O-AM DANCE BECAUSE THEY 'AM' GOIN TO GETYA Warn your friend to expect to pay$$ xtras/We need a good class action attorney fo rebates

#191199

:x

I had the same experience about three years ago, where someone tried to do a transfer from my account int he amount of $ 500.00 from my checking account to a another BOA account, thankfully I have so many alerts on my account ( due to id fraud years ago) that they were unable to complete the transfer, and I caught ( I only do transfers once a year to two outside bank accounts - tax time:O) ) so I when I called them in regards, I had to get a new account, new debit card etc, what a PIA being I was leaving for vacation in 24 hours- but what really got me is I could not get any money out, and the new temp card I could not use as a debit ( I use thi all the time) but het this,t they had the account number ( another BOA account) and could not catch these *** as SA the rep told me the account was showing two different states ( I live in NJ & neither was here) and they still could not catch these idiots, I called every week for over two months asking for info, as I wanted to prosecute the bastards! after what I went thru for years to straighten out the ID fraud, and I never got any resoluttion!

Alos regarding the Id fraud, I found out one of the collection companies that were trying to collect one of the debts that was not mine( I found the fraud on my credit report and immediatley contacted all the creditors to get this matter taken card of,to do police reports etc- what a nightmare!) this debtor found outI had a BOA account and called them and got my person information! Thought there was privacy on your accounts NOT!!!!!

and I was able to prove it nd when I spoke with this creditor he said I had plenty of money in my account why am I not paying them - well first off it is not my debt, never received a statement, bill etc and if it was mine it would have been paid on time as I pay my bills and the icing on the cake, they could ot even fid me until I called them and inquired about the charge and that opened the can of worms, I could have not said anything and just let the statue of limitations run its course If I owed the money and did not want to pay, WHY WOULD I CALL YOU????????? Ready o leave BOA all together especailly if these new balance limits go into effect - I will not pay fees or be told I have to have so much in my account- there are plenty of banks who want my business and wil not charge!!!!!

#191198

:x

a former employer of mine used B of A for their payroll accounts and I would often cash my paychecks at the local branch. "Non-customers" were forced to use a special line which often got 20 - 30 deep to cash paychecks even if there were open teller windows.

One day after a 40 minute wait I was "next" in line and an open "customer" window teller called me over. I walked over and started my transaction and the next thing I know this *** is asking me to step aside so she can wait on a "customer" who just walked in, which would have put me back at the end of the "non-customer" line. I refused, told her she could kiss my *** and to continue with me.

If I had to wait almost an hour for *** service, the customer could wait for five minutes. Needless to say I have since found other means of cashing my paycheck and have never set foot inside of a B of A establishment again.

B of A began doubling my son's house payment wehich he missed due to not working status to provide 24/7 to potentually dying from cancer father. And they proceeded to jump his payments from $1,000.per moth to $3,600.

per month. The only alternative?

hand them the keys to his inherited home--owned since early fifties. Our country is in a mess due to *** BANKS and "Creative Rip-off devices"

I has two BOA credit cards. My husband was out of work for 3 mos.,at this time BOA decided for unknown reasons to double my minimum payment.

When I called to discuss it and explain he was not working, they said and I quote "With not enough income you do no qualify for a hardship case", if I had enough income I wouldn't need a hardship case now would I? Then they tried to sell me life insurance.

Other times there were charges on bills for things they said I approved with them over the phone. When I said I did NOT agree to purchase their insurance, they actually tried to tell me I was wrong!!!

Well, let's sum this up...

I'd be a pissed off bank too if I had to deal with the likes of me. I'm the person who basically ruined it for everyone (of course, there are more of us... but a prime example nevertheless).

So, I got several credit cards issued from BOA estimated at a total of a $28,000 credit line. I decided to cash advance the ENTIRE amount. What I did with it was very profitable, but at that point I canceled my account and have been ducking and dodging them ever since.

Harrassing phone calls, bad credit, and the rest of the woodworks?

Nope. I played my own *** smoke and mirrors game and stuck it to these bastards like they deserved.

Thank god for dynamic people in this world able to fight back with guerrilla warfare.

:roll 8) :p

Here's a good one! I suddenly realized that my checking account was short by exactly $500.00.

When I called customer service they first told me I had transferred it to savings. I told them I did transfer that amount to savings but that that wasn't the missing $500.00. Then they told me that I had deposited a check that was returned. I told them that was impossible since I didn't deposit any checks.

My payroll checks are direct deposit and a lot more than $500. I was then told that I couldn't do anything but wait for the check to be sent to me. Now how could they send a check that I never deposited??? When I called again I was told that I must have "forgotten" about depositing a check and that it must have been from a "friend" of mine in NY!

(I live in CA and don't know anyone in NY!) Well they sent me a copy of a check from another bank from some person I had never heard of. The person had written it to "cash" and somehow MY B of A account number was written on it!! It took about a month but I finally got my $500 back.

I'm just glad that I am not someone who is living paycheck to paycheck as that money could have meant the difference between having a place to live and being homeless! Yes, mistakes happen but that was quite bizarre and proves that we all need to pay careful attention to our accounts!

If you have problems with b of a,ask which call center you are calling. Try calling the Memphis call center.

When all other call centers gave me the run around, ie. VA, i called memphis and they gave me true customer service,so try and let me know what happens.

ALL BANKS ARE LIKE THIS> THEY NEVER SUFFER. ONLY THEIR CUSTOMERS SUFFER.

I have had problems with my 30 year old credit card. Increased percentage to 25%!!

I called customer support to tell them I was closing my account and was sending a check. Young woman told me she hears that all the time and no one ever actually does it. Then she laughted. I was enraged!

So, I sent them a check for the balance, a cut up credit card and a small travel size tube of vasoline. Now I have a master card and I am very happy.

BOA charged me $210 in overdraft fees within a period of 3 days. OK, my bad in overdraft.

However, I have been with them since 2003. Excellent credit and several thousand in cash at the bank. They reduced my fee from $210 to $140.

WTF! They need money the ol fashioned way....steal it.

They "froze" my HELOC because property values have dropped in my region of the country, then charged me to close the account because it was still "active". It didn't have a balance for three years and they wouldn't allow me to draw against it, how is that "active"?

I don't have any mortgages either, so crawl back to your J spencer trailer park and break your jaw, you *** S>O.B !

To JS Spencer, YOU are the target of lunacy. You either work for BOA or has one of your inept relatives working there.

Your *** reactions defending a bank that had to be propped up by Obama's cowardly Stimulus or TARP worked about as well as your mind.

I'm not difficult to find, Just ask the BOA people in Charlotte, about the guy who withdrew $475,000 bucks out in cash, it's not a great mystery, but BOA failed once, *** *** like you don't have anything to do, and going upwater to lay your eggs is tantamount to the last run for the salmon. How *** *** can you get ?

My balance is zero on the one credit card I have, which is a US Airways card to get mileage. I have over 800,000 miles in my account, over $475,000 Dollars in my checking account.

I promptly removed $250,000 upon returning from Afghanistan, and now have ordered the branch to give me cash from my checking account, leaving only $30,000 or a little more, for recurring debits for utilities, etc. They make mistakes all the time, You're a complete *** to think a Bank that needs Federal Bailout money hasn't screwed up somewhere along the line. Pull your head out of your ***, before this Marine plants it deeper. Boa PREYS on people with less money, such as my daughters, and everytime my kids got charged, it was BOA's fault.

I didn't need a Senator, I advised them to go ahead and call the police, because ONE of us was going to get the issue resolved, it's idiots like you who have nothing, but time, You know BOA should be renamed BOE,, Bank of Errors.

I have no problems with their poor service, but am taking my walking around money , ie: checking account money out. You *** ***. Your relative or you work there, it's how people like you get institutionalized, and your stupidity shines brighter everytime you open your mouth.

Shutup ***. Greg Baucom - Charlotte, NC I'm not hiding.

The troll flamers in here defending BOA and attacking complainers are full of it. I have perfect credit. I have no debt other than my mortgage. I use my BOA credit card for almost everything for the airline miles but pay in full, well in advance of the due date EVERY month so I never pay interest. And I've been a customer for many years.

Well, it turns out that the outrageous fees BOA gets from all of the companies who accept their card every month is not good enough for them and they do not like long-term customers who never pay late fees or interest. So, one time when I was traveling for the funeral of one of my parents, because the death and the trip was sudden and came up while I was not home, not even in my own state, I decided to make an extra $3000.00 payment just to be sure I had plenty of room on the card. I did it over the phone and got my confirmation number.

When I returned home a week later, I discovered the first payment of $3000.00 was credited to my account but then was debited from it a few hours later, but the same day. Before I even looked up all the details, I called BOA and I was told that I must have accidentally input a wrong number when I input my checking account routing number because the payment didn't make it through my credit union, thus the payment was debited from my account and my total went back up that $3000.00. While on the phone I did it again just be safe and paid the extra $3000.00 payment.

A couple of days later, I made another $3000.00 payment, two weeks before my payment for that month was due. When I got my statement it showed that I'd paid $1500 more than I owed that month and I'd paid it two weeks before it was due. However, it also showed a "cash advance withdrawal" of $3000.00 at almost 30 percent interest, AND none of the $6000.00 I'd paid was applied to that, and neither was the extra $1500.00, which was applied to charges that came in the next billing period, so that I owed almost 30& interest on $3000.00 and interest on that too because it hadn't been paid off (since I didn't even know they were going to do that AND I didn't have any $3000.00 cash advance!).

Both my spouse and I called BOA and I wrote to them twice. We were ignored, lied to, given the run around, and promised return calls never came. One customer service rep had the nerve to haughtily tell me they'd provided me a cash advance because I'd requested it. Each month, most of that $3000.00 was still there with more interest on interest, yet because it had only been numbers on computers, we didn't have the $3000.00 BOA claimed to have advanced us! We had to stop using our card completely in order to stop BOA from applying all of my payments to everything but the pretend $3000.00 advance so the interest charges would stop.

In the end, it took a letter from our state senator to get the fake "cash advance" removed from our account and the return of the interest they'd charged us. BOA was playing a smoke and mirrors game with numbers in computers and charging us for a cash advance we never requested and didn't even have. (I asked them why they took BACK the $3000.00 payment if I had a cash advance? Why was I being charged interest on money they took back? Why didn't I have it? Never got a straight answer, just rudeness). Once our senator contacted them though, then all of a sudden I got a phone call and apologies.

BOA deserved nothing from the taxpayers and should have been made to suffer its own financial fall-out from the rapacious policies that forced countless Americans into deep debt that had nothing to do with purchases, but everything to do with unethical, predatory practices. If the credit card companies and loan companies had not behaved that way in the last 12 years, most Americans would have been able to pay their debts.

Don't think so? Well, if people like us had such an experience with them, what do you think happened to the millions who couldn't pay entirely in full, and the young who did not understand the fine print, and didn't know how to fight back?

You guys do nothing but *** and complain. About *** that's your own fault.

Seriously its ridiculous. Just keep track of your money and stop being such babies. Bank of America's customer support is the best in the buissness. You have no idea how impossibly hard it is to not tell you all to go to *** and stop being dumb@sses with your money.

The customers are just complete idiots. Customer service has no affect on how you spend your money.

Oh yeah. BofA is the biggest bunch of crooks in the world.

They promised no changes when switched my Countrywide savings to theirs. Countrywide allowed 3 transfers a month, no charge, next day. BofA wants $3 for 10 days, $10 for 3 days!!And, they hold you hostage making you buy a code card for $35 just to do that! Then, when I tried to transfer last month, guess what?

They suddenly do not allow any out of bank transfers!! You have to open a regular checking account with them, then use that to get your money. That took another 3 weeks. I told the ditzy c/s rep "Just send me 2 checks, that's all I need.

One to get immediate cash and the other to close my accounts forever." They were not amused.

What a bunch of jerks, and their customer service people are obtuse to say the least. NEVER do business with BofA!!!