State: Virginia Product: Bank Of America Checking Account Clear all filters (3 of 113 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Bank Of America in Virginia Beach, Virginia - Watch your statement for sudden hidden fees

My husband and I are members of BOA for years with multiple accounts including the business. We were both surprised to see the "ADVANTAGE MONTHLY MAINTENANCE FEE" OF $25.00 automatically deducted from our account. Called up and said that our free checking was upgraded to Advanced Tiered for maintaining high balance. Didn't make any sense to me. I asked if this was an automatic decision by the bank "just because" and their reply was that somebody had to sign the authorization form. Well, I set up an appointment for tomorrow with our local branch manager who knew us well to discuss this. I'll come back to this site with update after our meeting.

I have experience the same issue this month too

We have this account for more then 5 years. And it did happened in June 2011. We then changed our account to lower minimum requirement. It has been fine till now February 2013. All the sudden we have monthly maintain fee and contacted them. They said our account is below the minimum requirement. I then told them this account is never been staying it over the minimum requirement. They won't do anything. So we decide to closed the account. We forward the balance to other account and leave the balance of 0 in the account and require to be closed. Ten they told me to go to branch to close the account because there is pending interest which teller will write me a check the. Close the account.

It's probably less then a dollar interest. And I have been sitting at branch for 30 minimum to close account for less then a dollar.

We are not happy with them and going to move out.

Loss

Bank Of America-Overall awful and worst banking experince in life

I have a small business checking account and the experience is awful, worst experience that ever have had- and I have never dealt with any other banking institution that cause so many issue such as not being able to cash checks and have to wait days on in to cash also not being able to get your customer rep on the phone.All this doesnt make any since. I am a small business they are basically making me invest my money into their bank until they see fit to release the funds-this is politics they are playing with my money. Merrill Lynch has really made them a investment bank with no interest back on my funds...Do not open a account with this bank you will regret it. MILG
Bank Of America Checking Account

Bank of America no longer free checking account

In 1971, as a returning Vietnam veteran, I opened a free "charter" checking account with Virginia National Bank. Over the years, my checking account remained free as the bank and account was taken over by Sovereign Bank, Nations Bank, and finally Bank of America. Originally Bank of America "allowed" the account to remain free according to the terms of my orignal contract. Until last year. Then suddenly and without notice, the free checking accounting was no longer free and monthly fees were deducted until the account was overdrawn with fees. How can I trust a bank that does not honor the terms of its contracts with its customers? I have heard and read many other accounts of customers being "screwed" by Bank of America. They want your money - not our business! A satisfied customer is not their business goal. There are many other fine banks and credit unions that want my business and go out of their way to show it. I highly recommend that everyone avoid banking with Bank of America.
Loss