1.1K views

My husband and I are members of BOA for years with multiple accounts including the business.We were both surprised to see the "ADVANTAGE MONTHLY MAINTENANCE FEE" OF $25.00 automatically deducted from our account.

Called up and said that our free checking was upgraded to Advanced Tiered for maintaining high balance. Didn't make any sense to me.

I asked if this was an automatic decision by the bank "just because" and their reply was that somebody had to sign the authorization form.

Well, I set up an appointment for tomorrow with our local branch manager who knew us well to discuss this.I'll come back to this site with update after our meeting.

Review about: Bank Of America Checking Account.

Had an Experience with Bank Of America?

Comments

I have experience the same issue this month too

We have this account for more then 5 years. And it did happened in June 2011. We then changed our account to lower minimum requirement. It has been fine till now February 2013. All the sudden we have monthly maintain fee and contacted them. They said our account is below the minimum requirement. I then told them this account is never been staying it over the minimum requirement. They won't do anything. So we decide to closed the account. We forward the balance to other account and leave the balance of 0 in the account and require to be closed. Ten they told me to go to branch to close the account because there is pending interest which teller will write me a check the. Close the account.

It's probably less then a dollar interest. And I have been sitting at branch for 30 minimum to close account for less then a dollar.

We are not happy with them and going to move out.