2.7K views

Read post by FLTeacher.I received the same notice from BofA and my mortgage is being transferred on 10/1.

Wondering what the outcome was after you went to the bank. Have read all of the post and this is really scaring me. Was late on a couple of payments early part of 2010 due to layoff but BofA worked with me and got them caught up and have not been late since. Not going through refinancing or modification, so why the transfer?

Looked up Seterus with the BBB and they are not a credited member, although they're have been over 250 complaints filed.Does anyone out there know if you can legally stop this transfer and if so how?

If FLTeacher reads this I would love to know what the outcome was at BofA.

Had an Experience with Bank Of America?

Comments

Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, United States #1086466

We are in mortgage ***

Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin, United States #1081825

We are in a mortgage *** right now with Bank of America & Seterus

Cleveland, Ohio, United States #605998

mMETLIFE SOLD MY LOAN TO SETERUS AND IT HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE,IT TOOK OVER 3MONTS TO FIND OUT WHERE TO SEND A PAYMENT AND WHO HAD IT.I QWED OVER 1600 HUNDRED ON MY FIRST PAYMENT,WHICH I DID NOT HAVE.WAS HARD TO SAVE 550 A MONTH FOR 3 MONTHS.I WAS SENDING 550 A MONT6H FOR A LONG TIME,BEFORE THEY CAME DOWN ON ME.HAD TO GO TO COURT BECAUSE IM IN BANKRUPTCY AND HAD TO COME UP WITH THE 1700.THEY TRIED TO DISMISS MY BANKRUPTCY AND WAS TRYING TO GET THE HOUSE.THEY YRY TO *** NOT HELP YOU THEY SUCK..

Juneau, Alaska, United States #585511

When loans are transferred its in not for any particular reason.Just a bundle of loans ( usually in the upper thousands) are transferred from investor to investor.

The only way to stop it is to refinance through a bank who is NOT backed by Fannie Mae/Freddie mac..make sure to ask if you refinance

Just got my loan transferred to this company & now I'm concerned reading all this information.I see all the post about them harassing people after the 1st of the month.

You can send them a cease & desist letter. You can google the letter but make sure it states they are not to call you, any family members, employer & they can only contact you by mail. Plus send it certified. If they contact you after they receive the letter you can report them to the attorney general's office, the FTC & get an attorney to sue them.

This is the same thing an attorney would do but you don't have to pay an attorney to do this you can just send it yourself for free.Hope this helps.

I just sold my Florida home at a subs tail loss, and Seterus was the loan servicer.The service was terrible.

They misapplied payments, then charged us a late fee. When we tried to automate payments and pay these bozos early to account for their incompetence, they wanted to charge us extra. If your mortgage is held by Seterus, you are in for a real "treat!" Complaining to the mortgage holder won't help, i tried. But once you are out of their clutches, the start writing letters.

I just wrote four this morning.JF

Because you were late,the have proactivley put you with seterus,so when you are late again,sterus will deal with you,not them. Seterus will offer a mod,but will up the payment until they hit about 31% of your gross earings.

Can't stop it.Who cares who has your mortgage?

The bigger concern you should have is when you may need help from them. Good luck. It usually takes a lawsuit. Been dealing w/ these a-holes for yrs.

It's part of BofA's business model. I know from the inside. Personnel you talk to are useful idiots. But they don't care.

They all get put into a class and settled on civil, NOT criminal charges i.e robo-signing and redlining suits, just the latest settled . Thank your Justice Dept for that. It's called crony-capitalism (this administration is *** deep w/ Wall Street). Sorry OWS crowd - you've been had!

These guys aren't too big to fail. They're too big to jail.

Get used to it.This is part of the "new" economy.

Evelyn: maybe it'll just take a while to show up...the only time they stop reporting is when the mortgage is discharged in Bankruptcy.

I also have a credit reporting error.

One of the three has me listed for 2 mortgages now. One with Chase, and one with IBM.

That agency gives me a slighty lower score because of it.I tried to dispute the claim online, but it didn't seem to work.

I'm totally new to this field of mortgages but I found out today that my mortgage was not listed on my credit report, I was listed for BOA but when it was transferred to Seterus - it disappeared -does that mean something.They call me faithfully every month starting on the 1st of each month.

If this is "making homes affordable - why did my house payment do up and my income go down?Dumbfounded....Not the brightest bulb in the lamp just enough to aggravate others.